The Hill Group is ranked the largest specialty contractors in Illinois and the second largest in the Midwest. For years, the company has provided engineering-oriented internship opportunities to students desiring to advance their educational experience in their field of study in areas such as:
- Mechanical or Architectural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Construction management
- Computer Aided Design, Drafting Technology and related programs
- Fire Science and Technology and related programs
- Energy Management / Renewable Energy
The Hill Group offers internship opportunities within all its business units: Construction, Engineering/Design, Fire Protection, Energy Efficiency/Sustainability, Service and Building Maintenance, Commissioning, Test and Balance, LEED Consulting, Building Operations, Facilities Solutions, and Architectural Building Systems.
Our program is designed to include:
- One-on-one mentoring with a senior level manager for the duration of your internship
- Lunch and learn educational sessions with each division of Hill
- Lunch and learn educational sessions with vendors within the industry
- Regular site or client visits, attending project coordination or kick off meetings
- Intern and Management Group Outings – such as go-kart racing, whirly-ball and or sports event
- Hands on basic education in engineering, construction estimating, project management, construction and closeout of projects
- Roundtable discussion with the Human Resource Department at completion of summer term
Hill’s internship program provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to enter its specialized training program upon graduation.
For a complete listing of qualifications and positions available, please visit the Employment Opportunities page. All interested and qualified applicants are to submit an application and resume online.
“My three years of interning at Hill really allowed me to hit the ground running when I came on full time. As an intern I was able to get a glimpse of estimating, the submittal process, purchase orders, and the basics of construction. The senior project engineer I worked with did a great job of teaching and preparing for me to eventually take on these responsibilities when I became an employee.”